Subscribe to this post replies RSS % of carbs in can food

posted in "Health and Nutrition"

automaton2
(28.07.2009 10:20:57)

how do you figure out % of carbs in canned food i.e
natural balance duck and pea

INGREDIENT LISTING
Duck, Duck Broth, Duck Liver, Pea Flour, Pea Protein, Salmon Oil, Dicalcium Phosphate, Guar Gum, Potassium Chloride, Taurine, Sodium Chloride, Flaxseed, Dried Cranberries, Yucca Schidigera, Carrageenan, Zinc Sulfate, Ferrous Sulfate, Vitamin E Supplement, Copper Sulfate, Manganese Sulfate, Niacin Supplement, Sodium Selenite, Thiamine Mononitrate, Calcium Pantothenate, Calcium Iodate, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Riboflavin, Vitamin A Supplement, Folic Acid, Biotin, Vitamin D3 Supplement, Vitamin B12 Supplement.

GUARANTEED ANALYSIS
Crude Protein 9.0% minimum
Crude Fat 6.0% minimum
Crude Fiber 1.0% maximum
Moisture 78.0% maximum
Taurine 0.05% minimum

deci
(04.08.2009 18:40:03)

As I'm diabetic I live by carbs so.......... The Flaxseed, Cranberries and maybe Yucca are the only things that contain signicant amounts of carbs. Maybe the pea flour has a it as well. I'm not too sure on the make up of that. If its just peas then 0, if their is some flour in there, then whatever proportion of it is flour, thats roughly the carb value.

BUT The amount of protein is more valuable for cats....... they do need some carbs, but their carb intake does not have to be as high as a percentage as yours or mine.

You can usually trust food manufacturers to get it right, unless yours is diabetic or something where you do need to know these values.

my lazy cat Sleepy Meelo Feral Cats CAN be friendly mica I couldnt seperate them